Users Conference 2018 - Recap
TWS Users Conference wraps up its 2018 conference with some of the best presenters to date
Cleveland, Ohio. (May 17, 2018) – Innovation and strategic thinking lead the way for the entire Third Wave Systems Users Conference in Cleveland last week where more than 55 attendees from around the world came together with the Third Wave Systems engineering team to discuss the latest and greatest in modeling technology.
There was something for everyone at the conference with a range of speakers that include some of the best Production Module and AdvantEdge users from various commercial and research machining and manufacturing industries.
“This was one of the best and most engaged conferences we’ve had,” Kerry Marusich, Third Wave Systems President said. “The industry is constantly looking for technical innovation to reach the next level in machining and we brought together some of the best to deliver cutting-edge best practices.”
Third Wave Systems also had its partners from Germany to present some of their latest research in material modelling during the AdvantEdge breakout sessions. Mr. Benedikt Thimm and Prof. Martin Reuber from iWFT Rheinische Fachhochschule Köln presented on applications of FEA software in industry-related research and the comparison of conventional and inverse modelling techniques for material modeling and how to use the custom material modeling feature in AdvantEdge using UDYS.
The Third Wave Systems engineering team lead breakout sessions for Production Module where they presented on best practices for optimizing with advanced feed controls, advanced training topics and attendees got the first look and had the chance to try out the new Production Module user interface.
Conference attendees then went offsite for a networking event at the Rock and Roll Hall of fame for great food and drinks and had off the museum at their fingertips.
Next year the conference heads to Minneapolis, Minn., May 14-16, 2019 – the home of Third Wave Systems! The whole Third Wave Systems team is excited to bring the conference back home to showcase its city and to once again, bring together the best minds in modeling technology.
2018 Users Conference Presenters:
- Mr. Jeff Tessier, Staff Engineer, DePuy Synthes
“Riding the wave”
- Dr. Jarred Heigel, Mechanical Engineer, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
“Stress and distortion considerations for the post-process machining of additively manufactured components”
- Mr. Brian List, R&D Team Leader, Makino
“Makino: Delivering the lowest cost per part”
- Mr. Joe Konecny, Division Manager PLM Automation, PCC Aerostructures
“Third Wave in PCC 4.0, enhanced data analytics”
- Dr. Claus Itterheim, President, ISBE GmbH
“Semi-automated conversion of STL files to water tight 3D models”
- Mr. Aaron Gilchrist, Production Projects Lead, Janicki Industries
“Janicki composite drill and trim overhauls via Production Module”
- Dr. Tom Maloney, Chief Technology Officer, Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology
“Collaborative optimization with the right partners and big data”
- Mr. Sinan Kesriklioglu, Ph.D. Student, University of Wisconsin-Madison
“Measurement of dynamic cutting temperatures with embedded thin-film thermocouples”
- Mr. Dennis Noland, Senior R&D Engineer, Niagara Cutter LLC/SECO Tools
“Achieving the next level in machining”
- Mr. Nishant Saini on behalf of Mr. Hans Decker, Applications Manager Mechanical Engineering, Leistritz
“Toolpath optimization of turbine components for aerospace engines using Production Module”
- Mr. Patxi Fernandez-Zelaia, Ph.D. Candidate, Georgia Institute of Technology
“Calibration and uncertainty quantification of Finite Element Machining Models”