TWS Users Conference wraps up its 2019 conference with some of the best presenters to date.
Minneapolis, Minnesota. (May 16, 2019) – The 2019 Third Wave Systems International Users Conference came to a close May 16 after two days of diverse presentations from our users, an unforgettable networking event at Top Golf, and educational breakout sessions and product forums. Attendees were able to get the first look of what is coming in the next AdvantEdge and Production Module Release and share ideas for what they would like to see in future releases. The Third Wave Systems engineering team was also present to talk to attendees about their specific machining processes.
Dr. Tom Maloney, CTO of the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, and Dr-Ing. Benedikt Thimm, Applications Expert at Third Wave Systems, led a discussion on material modeling for new age materials during the AdvantEdge breakout session. This was followed by a presentation on new additions to AdvantEdge. In the Production Module breakout session, presenters discussed evaluating toolpath strategies, tool deflection, and several new features within Production Module.
Next year, the conference heads to Detroit, Michigan, May 12-14, 2020! The whole Third Wave Systems team is excited to bring together the best minds in modeling technology.
We’d like to sincerely thank everyone who presented at the 2019 Users Conference. The presentations were key to the success of the event.
2019 USERS CONFERENCE PRESENTERS
- Mr. Nicolas Castagnola, Systems Engineer, PCC Aerostructures (USA)
“Driving the Machining Process with AI Integrated Third Wave Systems”
- Mr. Fabien Kister, Team Leader R&D, Ceratizit (Luxembourg)
“Design of Ceratizit’s FreeTurn tool using FEA analysis”
- Mr. Nishant Saini, Product Manager, Third Wave Systems (USA)
“Presentation excerpts from Third Wave Systems 2019 European Users Conference”
- Ms. Harumi Kosaka, Machining Technology Center, Mitsubishi Materials Company (Japan)
“The Cutting Solutions using CAE analysis offered by Mitsubishi Materials”
- Mr. Vikas Saraf, Manager Engineering and Technology, ATI Ladish (USA)
“Machining Optimization Efforts using Production Module”
- Dr. Adam Johns, Sr. R&D Engineer, Sandvik Coromont (Sweden)
“Investigating Coolant Flow Distribution Patterns in Drilling”
- Mr. Takuma Aoyama, Vice President — Engineer, OSG (USA)
“Optimization of tool design and cutting conditions with TWS products”
- Dr. Dong-Hoo, President, OBPEng (Korea)
“Evaluating efficacy of two different constitutive models for copper machining”
- Dr. Tom Maloney, CTO, Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (USA) and Dr-Ing. Benedikt Thimm, Applications Expert, Third Wave Systems (Germany)
“Material Modeling for New Age Materials”
- Mr. Rob Alsters, R&D Manager Product Development, SECO Jabro (Netherlands)
“Influence of product attributes in solid milling”
- Mr. Jeff Tapparo, Founder, TavaTek LLC (USA)
“The Process Doctors”
- Dr. Sekhar Rakurty, Sr. Product Development Engineer, MK Morse (USA)
“Sawing Module: Design Engineering Perspective”
- Dr. Dong-Hoo, Presidient, OBPEng (Korea)
“Analysis of Structural Stability of Gear-Box Clamps Under Machining Loads”
- Mr. Dennis Noland, Sr. Design & R&D Engineer, Niagara Cutters (USA)
“Achieving the Next Level in Machining”