Aside from its software products, Third Wave Systems offers a variety of engineering services for its customers to ensure users reach their full machining potential. If you are interested in inquiring about a service project, material modeling or HPC with Third Wave Systems, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The epicenter of Third Wave Systems’ success is its Testing & Validation Center (TVC), a research and development lab that enables engineers to validate the software on a consistent basis. The majority of Third Wave Systems’ engineering services are performed at the TVC, utilizing a five-axis machining center, measurement and inspection capabilities ranging from surface finish measurement to cutting force data collection, and much more.
EQUIPMENT & RESOURCES
- MACHINING: Mori Seiki NH6300 DCG five-axis horizontal machining center, 30 kW, 8000 RPM high torque direct drive CAT-50 spindle, 1 m x 1 m x 1.3 m work envelope, Fanuc series 16i controller, 70 bar high pressure coolant system
- DATA ACQUISITION: National Instruments X Series, USB 6343 32 channel data acquisition board, 500 kHz sampling rate, Matlab software with data acquisition and signal processing toolboxes
- SOFTWARE: Dassault Systèmes CATIA, Autodesk AutoCAD, CGTech VERICUT, Siemens NX
- DIMENSIONAL MEASUREMENT: Renishaw MP700 optical transmission probe
- VIBRATION MEASUREMENT: MetalMAX Modal Analysis System
- CUTTING FORCE/POWER: Kistler 9255B table mounted dynamometer; Kistler 9526C mini-dynamometer; Kistler 5070A and 5080 multichannel charge amplifiers; Caron TMAC spindle power
- TOOL WEAR ASSESSMENT: Alicona InfiniteFocus G5 with Full 360° tool/part scans 10nm vertical, 440nm lateral resolution and 1μm minimum edge radius, Flexbar Optiflex digital microscope for 220x magnification with image capture software
- SURFACE FINISH: Taylor-Hobson Surtronic 25 system
- KISTLER 9256C: Multi-component mini-dynamometer Used to measure and validate micro-machining cutting forces predicted by Third Wave Systens software
- DIGITAL MICROSCOPE SYSTEM: Navitar optical lenses with 260x magnification; VisionGauge measurement software used to measure and validate tool performance predicted by Third Wave Systems software