The 2016 Third Wave Systems International Users Conference was the best conference to date with thanks to all of the speakers and record-number of attendees who helped make the conference a great success.
Next year, the 2017 Third Wave Systems International Users Conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Indianapolis, IN. We already have a lineup of speakers being built and we will host our offsite networking event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which will give attendees the opportunity to see the Indy Cars practice on the track. We will have more information regarding next year’s conference this fall. Save the Date!
Be sure to visit us at IMTS in Chicago in September to see the latest advancements in AdvantEdge and Production Module. You can find us in two booths: Cutting Tool Building, W-2123 and the CAD/CAM area, E-3221.
Dr. Jarred Heigel from NIST presents to conference attendees in Michigan.
2016 CONFERENCE PRESENTERS
- Dr. Jon Stammers, The AMRC with Boeing (United Kingdom)
“The AMRC with Boeing and its Application of Third Wave Systems Software in Process Improvement”
- Mr. Pat McGibbon, The Association for Manufacturing Technology (USA)
“A Perspective on the Manufacturing Technology Market”
- Mr. Marcin Szpunar, BRYK (Poland)
“The Effect of Cutting Edge Chamfering on Tool Wear during Finish Milling Supperalloy Inconel 718 Using Tool with Brazed CBN Inserts”
- Mr. Jeff Tessier, DePuy Synthes (USA)
“Welcome to MAT”
- Mr. Brian Rohm, GE Aviation (USA)
“Utilizing Production Module for Productivity and Cost Out of Rotating Parts”
- Mr. Younghun Kim and Mr. Jaeyoon Choi, Hanwha Techwin (South Korea)
“A Case Study on the Productivity Improvement in Machining of an Aerospace Engine Part”
- Dr. Jarred Heigel, The National Institute of Standards and Technology (USA)
“Infrared Measurement of the Tool-Chip Interface Temperature for Model Validation”
- Mr. Xianyang Dong, Purdue University (USA)
“Tool Wear Predictions and Machinability Improvement of Gear Hobbing Processes via Process Simulation”
- Mr. Mikael Lundblad, Sandvik Coromant (Sweden)
“Use of Simulation in Cutting Tool Development”
- Dr. Raphael Royer & Dr. Adam Johns, Sandvik Coromant (United Kingdom)
“Simulation in Solid Carbide Drill Design within Sandvik Coromant”
- Mr. Rob Alsters, Seco Tools (The Netherlands)
“Process Analysis for Milling Tools”
- Mr. Reinhard Fitz, Starrag (Switzerland)
“High Volume Titanium Machining – Technology and Solutions”
- Dr. Hongtao Ding, The University of Iowa (USA)
“Simlating Microstructural Evolution during Cryogenic Machining of AZ31B Mg Alloy”
- Mr. Tobias Jakobi, iWFT Institute of Manufacturing and Tooling Technology (Germany)
“Simulation Assisted Design and Dimensioning of Chip Breaking Geometries on Profile Tools”
- Mr. Benedikt Thimm, iWFT Institute of Manufacturing and Tooling Technology (Germany)
“Development of Methods for Material Characterization to Improve FEA Prediction Accuracy”
Dr. Raphael Royer from Sandvik Coromant (UK)
Mr. Benedikt Thimm, iWFT Institute of Manufacturing and Tooling Technology (Germany), presenting in the AdvantEdge breakout session. iWFT is a research and academic partner of Third Wave Systems.
Brian Rohm from GE Aviation (USA)
Dr. Jon Stammers from the AMRC with Boeing (UK)
Conference attendees at the offsite networking event and dinner at the Ford Rouge Factory Tour